For the first time in my laundry history, a crayon somehow made a survival trip through the washer, meeting a mortal end in the dryer. Unfortunately, the crayon accompanied a rather large load of clothes. And yet more unfortunate, the crayon was a dark green in color. Imagine my shock as I removed the clothes from the dryer to find artwork similar to Harold and his Purple Crayon. Mortified at the seeming loss of clothing, I do the first thing that comes to mind: race to the computer to seek the advice of my personal wikipedias - my sister and my best friend (in this case, I'm referring to two people). My sister, with her lightening-quick fingers, immediately IM's me a tried-and-true recipe to restore post-dryer crayon-painted clothing.I gather the ingredients.
I mix the concoction.
I start the washer.
I wait.
It soaks.
I wait some more.
The washing is completed.
I fearfully lift the lid.
Trumpets sound from heaven! Bright glowing lights burst from the mouth of the washing machine! My clothes have been healed! It's a miracle!
Well, maybe I didn't hear trumpets or see bright lights, but it worked - it really worked! Um, it mostly worked, that is. There were just one or two tiny stubborn spots left - but compared to the mess that came out of the dryer, it really was quite astounding. So here is the recipe, should Harold and a colored crayon find their way into your dryer as well:
2 max amounts (line 3) of concentrated detergent
1 cup Oxyclean
1/2 cup 20 mule team Borax
1 cup Shout liquid (no stingy spraying on each spot, just dump it all in)
1 cup white vinegar
Dump it all in the washer first, let the washer agitate to mix it. Then add clothes and allow to agitate a few minutes. Soak for as long as you dare (at least an hour). Finish the washing cycle. Ta-dah!
5 comments:
NICE!!
Awesome! Glad your clothes are saved.
I love Harold books! :-)
VERY COOL!
wow! that's great it came out...now...can you and your sister help me get out Wilton cake dye out of clothes??????
I could actually hear the Hallelujah Chorus play when you lifted the washer lid.
Post a Comment