Saturday, February 11, 2012

Introducing....the baby of the family

Next up from youngest to oldest is our little boy that we love soooooooo much. I really, really wanted a third child but had to convince my husband pray really hard for God to allow us that. It was probably the hardest pregnancy of them all, but by far the best birthing experience. Well, being in the states for a birth was kind of like being in a 5-star hotel with personal servants waving palm branches, comparably speaking. He was born in less than 12 hours, all told. Though that was the second-longest labor for me, I still consider that quick. We weren't 100% sure it was going to be a boy, since the ultrasound tech said he couldn't confirm it. We named him Daniel Isaac - "God will judge" and "laughter"...have fun with that one (no, we don't mean to say that God's going to laugh at you when He sums up your life)! :) He was a tough baby for the first few months - lots of inexplicable crying with no good naps (more than normal, I mean! Yes, I realize it was a BABY that I had for those first six months, but still. It's all a blur and I'm glad I have pictures since I don't remember most of it, being a zombie and all). But since then he's been such a sweet adorable rambunctious boy that we can't imagine life without him.

Easter last year

He constantly makes noises, especially at the dinner table. He loves trains. He plays make believe with two of any sort of object - including objects like forks, cups, and green peas - making them talk to each other and jump and crash and run around. A little yellow blankie is a must-have for bedtimes. He used to have to carry it around all the time, everywhere, but we finally got him to agree to keeping it in his bed for sleeping only. He's currently in a very independent stage, insisting on doing things totally by himself. He has an amazing vocabulary and speaks in long and complicated sentences - so much farther ahead of his sisters at this age. And while I'm bragging, he can count to 20, knows his colors, and can identify numbers 1-10, and solve exponential equations. Ok, maybe not that last one. But trust me, he's the smartest 2 1/2 year old I know. And yes, I am very biased.

Giggling from a kiss-attack by the big sisters
He's also a very snugly little boy who likes to cuddle in my lap, be held, and never protests me smothering his cute little face with kisses. Oh! And he just potty trained! Well, we've had one successful dry-undies day anyway, and almost a week of dry pull-ups! (Now what can I do with an "extra" $20/month??!) And so far he seems to have a spiritually sensitive heart, which of course is one of my main goals in raising up a future man of God, a man who will be a wonderful husband and servant. He learned and loves to sing "Holy, holy, holy" (I have no idea if he knows what he's singing, but it's cute, and I'll put that into the "good heart for God" category anyway!), and when we get a good parking spot he says "thank you, God!" Another cute quote I remember is when we were admiring the night sky and Daniel says "mommy, did God finish the sunset?" Adorable!

I'm so thankful to have my little boy and I pray he becomes the godly man he's meant to be.

No comments: