Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Bell Pepper

I had a prenatal appointment today - 18 weeks! According to babycenter.com, it's about the size of a bell pepper. Red, yellow or green, they don't say. Praise God, everything seems to be okay. It was a short and quick visit - listen to the heartbeat, measurements, weight (I've only gained TWO pounds!! And it was probably from last Saturday's donut, which I thoroughly enjoyed and wished I had more of), and a discussion of food (my favorite subject anyway...well, one of my favorite subjects). The most exciting to me, however, was getting to walk down to the lab to schedule the ultrasound!! A bit more than two weeks to wait....October 23rd...when you'll all find out if you're an uncle or an aunt (that is, if the child is cooperative!). I have a friend who is convinced I'm having a boy. I asked her what did I do to offend her and is she mad at me?! Although today at my youngest's preschool as I observed the little boys they sure looked sweet. They were sitting criss-cross-applesauce (who ever made that up for goodness' sakes?!) and signing the letters to a song and I didn't have to take any of them home. Perhaps that's why they looked so sweet.

Life has been very hectic. Much crazier than I thought it would be. I wonder why I imagined myself sitting quietly at home, sipping a hot beverage as my eldest is off at kindergarten? Ha! It's more like grab a hot beverage on my way out the door (forgetting the hot beverage on the table by the door is more like it) as I run, run, run until the day is done!


We have begun a ministry to Spanish speakers at our church...it is a huge and exciting undertaking and will require much more time and effort than what we've even given it so far (and we've given it a considerable amount, I must say!). If you think of it, prayer is highly appreciated.


Today I took my firstborn for the THIRD time in the last four weeks to the doctor's...she is fine, not really ill, it's just owies and infections and whathaveyous. I blame kindergarten (tho kindergarten has nothing to do with it...yet)! I think in my spare time I'll go sip a hot beverage and sit quietly on the couch (to be read with sarcasm).


And on a final note, I love Fall. Cool weather, changing colors, rain here and there, and yes, sipping hot beverages. It's lovely.

2 comments:

Kricky's Krafy Korner said...

Glad to hear things are going well. I too took Kate to the Dr and ER for yuckies! Major yuckies! My hubby totally blames is on preschool! I blame it on her nose picking, booger eating habits! ;) Ah the joys!

Alvarez Family said...

When it rains, it pours, doesn't it?! Btw, my sister sent me the pictures of your girls and Natalya...adorable!!