Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Pretty Confident" and "80% Sure"

Today was the big day of our one and only ultrasound! Everything looks good (I think! Though of course the tech isn't allowed to interpret, only to tell us what we're looking at!). I was so, so hoping we could get a 100% and for-sure confirmation of whether it's a boy or girl! Sadly there just wasn't that perfect clear shot as babykins was turned with his back to the "camera." But yes, that's right, you read "his"! The tech said he could say about 80% sure and then later said "pretty confident" that it's a boy! God must have a great sense of humor, eh?! I know it will be fun and new and exciting...and at the same time, God help me - what do I do with a boy?! :)

This picture (above) is the only alien baby face picture I'll share! Another one we have is just too freaky. We'll just have to imagine those cute cheeks and eyelids!! You can see his hand and fingers on his right cheek.

9 comments:

Glenna said...

Yea!! Congratulations!! Boys are...um....interesting to say the least ;)

Oliva Family said...

get those boy names out! no doubt boys are different...beginning in the womb (at least for me)....and full of energy.......but ohhhhhhh so fun! he will keep you on your toes i am sure!

Jen said...

Congrats! Boys are so much fun! I grew up with only sisters, so I was a little nervous about what to do with a boy. It's wonderful! Each day is full of surprises. I would imagine your hubby is ecstatic about God blessing you both with a son!

I spoke with Julie Trigueros yesterday and she wanted me to relay a great big congrats to you guys on baby #3.

Blessings to you all,
Jen

Alvarez Family said...

Thanks Jen! I've been wondering how Julie is...

Now I need help with names! I'd like Bible names except for the ones that are already all used up (like Caleb, Joshua, and Michael!)...

Still not sure if I should take that 80% as a definite...

Anonymous said...

Boys are easy! Nothin' to it! Now as to our little 18 month old girl.... Youzers!!

As for names, I give you permission to use my Biblical name....well, the one my Dad said he almost named me anyway. Tiglathpaleezer. You could call him "Tiggy" for short!

Congrats!

Nathan

Alvarez Family said...

You have a girl now?! No way! What is her name? You seriously need to update me on the last kagillion years of your life! How is Deanna? Say hi for me...

Tiggy..haha.

Smith Family said...

How very exciting Ruth! I know whether it's a boy or girl this new little one will be loved. :-) Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! so FUN! there's nothing better than a boy who adores his momma. :)

i always liked Judah, Ezra, and Gabriel.... and josiah & jeremiah.... and israel.... oh! and you can't forget isaac (which means laughter)... i love bible boy names. :)

Gwendolyn said...

Congratulations! How exciting for y'all. I'm sure the girls are gonna spoil this baby like crazy.