I've seen the tribute to Ruth Bell Graham several times and it never ceases to cause me to weep. Not to mention that we share the very same maiden name, I see what kind of life she lead - so difficult! Mostly absent husband, raising children on her own, life in the public eye, I could go on and on, and I speak from ignorance, yet I can relate (however on a much smaller scale). Yet her testimony, that they said of her that Jesus was her everything...my heart cries to God, especially in light of current struggles and heartbreak of my own, "let that be me!" May Jesus be my everything - in the morning when I rise, when I am alone, and until my death..."Give me Jesus!" He is the only unmovable, unshakable constant to cling to.
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus
When I am alone
When I am alone
When I am alone, give me Jesus
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus
When I come to die
When I come to die
When I come to die, give me Jesus
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
You can have all this world,
But give me Jesus
1 comment:
Ruth,
I JUST took the time to finally sit down and watch the video. Words can't even express it....WOW! I totally agree with what you wrote by the way. Thanks for sharing it.
-Elizabeth
Post a Comment