Friday, December 14, 2007

And so it is Christmas...

How would you answer?

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper...and humongous bows

2. Real tree or artificial? artificial, so that way next year I don't have to ask about it or argue on the expense

3. When do you put up the tree? After Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? sometime in January

5. Do you like eggnog? only if loving it means plugging my nose while I try to get in the spirit and gulp down a small cup of it just in the name of tradition


6. Favorite gift received as a child? hand-made Barbie doll clothes from my mother (actually I can't remember much...just that now I realize and truly appreciate all the time it must've taken my mom...)

7. Do you have a nativity scene? i found a cute miniature one at the dollar store; i was so thankful to find it because i really needed us to have one as a constant reminder of our focus

8. Hardest person to buy for? my dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? sister, my kids

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? i can't think of any...

1. Mail or email Christmas cards? argh! don't remind me I haven't done it yet! At this point I'll be lucky if I can do email!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? currently "Elf" but also "Miracle on 34th Street" (the new one, sorry)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? all year! I keep a gift stash depending on season and sizes I find, but I get serious around Thanksgiving...

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm not tellin'!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? cookies!!! soft sugar cookies with icing, for example

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear

17. Favorite Christmas song? depends on my mood, but really I adore them all because just the season and what it means makes me so happy!

1 comment:

~just me~ said...

read this awhile ago, but didn't have time to reply. i enjoyed reading this & the 7things list. maybe if i ever have time, i can do them too. :)

it was funny to read about the barbie dolls, 'cause my mom did the same thing. I can't imagine trying to sew those tiny little things!!