Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's raining ramblings


Well, it's raining! Imagine that! Wooow...I don't think I've seen rain around here since...yesterday. Our trash can got dumped over on the opposite curb after the trash truck came by. Also our recycle bin is out there getting all wet. Somebody should bring them in. Last week our neighbors quickly took (perhaps unintentional? believing the good in people?) the bin we were using...it was a mostly decent trash bin, not too icky. But we were left with the nasty one. I mean, really nasty. Like covered in eggs and eggshell nasty. Somebody should wash it. Seems ironic, doesn't it? Washing the trash bin?! Kind of funny. I got out the last tin of cookies to give to the garbage guys, I mean, pardon me, the waste management engineers, this morning, but I just couldn't bring myself to run out there in the dark and rain in my pajamas at 7am. So now I'm praying God will provide somebody else to give this lovely tin of homemade cookies to. And I laugh and wonder if God shakes His head and says "I DID send you somebody to give the cookies to - at 7am!" It's also a bit chilly. I keep our apartment at 70. But I find I still need to go around wearing my fleece bathrobe, causing confusion to my mother when she stopped by and promptly asked me if I was having PMS. Sigh. I think I'll make myself something warm to drink. What should I have? The mint chocolate mix, or a Cafe Mocha mix, or plain ol' hot chocolate, or tea? Or should I put more coffee on? If the bathrobe didn't give the wrong impression, I'm sure the warm caffeine drink will. I'm going to go make some "arroz con leche", a Honduran style rice pudding. Which reminds me of one time in high school when Kari and I made rice pudding for some Spanish class lunch we were having. And the pudding stuff kept spitting hot liquid on us kind of like a bubbling volcano. This doesnt' happen with the Honduran style stuff, because it's really not pudding-like at all. Okay then, I'm off. I just felt like chatting with you, that's all.

5 comments:

Heather said...

i would freeze at 70 in my house! i am so cold natured - my husband can't figure out why i like cold weather so much 'cause i'm always so cold. you'd THINK i'd like warm weather. 'cause i'm always bundling up so i can be warm. it does sound a little ridiculous, i guess...
he sleeps in underwear, i sleep in a sweatshirt, flannel pajama bottoms, and thick socks. he kicks off the blanket, i have the blanket doubled up on me. we are a weird pair temp wise.
so it makes total sense to me that you'd have the fleece robe on.
and i am totally impressed that you at least THOUGHT of taking the cookies out to the guys - that never even would've occurred to me!

Anonymous said...

No way!! Jose and I are EXACTLY the same! Except, he sleeps in his birthday suit. And me in layers, plus my new flannel sheets I adore, and a few more layers on top of that!

So you think I could turn up the heat? We want to watch our gas bill but on the other hand I don't want to exaggerate. It's a small place so maybe it keeps warmer. I'm new to this whole thermostat thing!

Anonymous said...

omg! i make chris keep the heat at 73..and sometimes i sneak it up to 74, when he's not looking. he used to keep it colder, but i always came to bed w/lots of clothes on, which he hated. so i told him that if he wanted me to take off my clothes, he's have to keep it warmer in the house. it worked. :)

i remember that rice! but what i remember is that we made 2 HUGE bowls, even though my mom didn't want us to, and then *nobody* ate it, & i had to bring it all home & my mom was mad. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL - hilarious! Now it's our turn for our kids to make something ridiculous and for us to shake our heads for the "wastefulness"! Sorry, Mrs. Mugele. :)

Can't tell you how ECSTATIC I am that I'm not the only one who goes to bed all bundled up! :)

Glenna said...

OMG Chad keeps our house at 68. I'm enjoying our 175 dollar a month electric bill right now too much to raise it any so I just go around in a bunch of layers till i'm warm. Typically I have a shirt, a sweat shirt (or two) and a coat. If all that isn't enough i'll get under a blanket. It almost more trouble then it's worth....